1) In these terms and conditions the following words shall (except where the context otherwise admits) mean the following:-
means Savvy Club Ltd (registered number 4443968) which operates the business organising special Events for private Members.
means any Members of The SaVVy Club® or any person or persons intending to or who have applied for Membership of The SaVVy Club® upon the terms and conditions contained herein.
means any of the activities and Events organised by The SaVVy Club® for Members.
means whilst Savvy Club Ltd is registered at Companies House. (registered number 4443968)
2) (1) All applications for Membership of The SaVVy Club® are made online via The SaVVy Club® website and all applicants are deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions and any other terms being published from time to time by The SaVVy Club®. Each application for Membership is conditional upon a passport sized photograph being received by The SaVVy Club®.
(2) All applicants for Membership must:-
a) be over the age of 30 years and proof of age must be produced on demand.
b) be a credit card and/or bank account holder
c) declare any health issues in particularly (but not by way of limitation) any food allergies or physical issues which may affect his/her ability to safely participate in Events
(3) We offer a 30 day right to cancel period to all new Members. If, within 30 days of payment of your joining fee, you are not entirely happy that you have made the right decision, we will refund your money (less an administration fee of £50) without a quibble. Simply put it in writing via email or letter within 30 days and we will refund your money.
(4) The SaVVy Club® reserves the right to refuse Membership to prospective Members without giving a reason and further reserves the right to refuse a refund to Members who terminate their Membership early.
(5) If during the course of Membership a Member wishes to terminate their Membership they can submit notice of termination in writing to The SaVVy Club®. The SaVVy Club® are under absolutely no obligation to make a refund of any proportion of the joining fee but will consider each application upon its merits and may (entirely at its discretion) make an appropriate refund.
3) The SaVVy Club® reserves the right at all times to suspend or expel Members or to prevent for any reason any Member from participating in any Event.
4) Members shall conduct themselves when participating in all Events in a sensible, safe and socially acceptable manner towards a) all fellow Members and b) the general public and c) all those persons firms or companies providing Members with instruction, guidance or any services in connection with the participation by Members in Events. The SaVVy Club® will not hesitate to suspend or expel Members who misbehave toward any person and any decision in this respect will be made at the sole discretion of The SaVVy Club® and will be final.
5) The SaVVy Club® will issue instructions to all Members for certain Events formulated by The SaVVy Club® and/or by those persons firms or companies booked by The SaVVy Club® to provide instruction and guidance to Members. The SaVVy Club® will use its best endeavours to ensure that specialist equipment is provided for the use of Members at Events requiring such equipment but The SaVVy Club® shall not be liable for any defects therein or shortages thereof or of any parts thereof at any Events in which Members participate. Members must at all times use special equipment as instructed and must not under any circumstances tamper with or abuse any such equipment. No liability is accepted by The SaVVy Club® for the failure by any Member to use or use properly any equipment provided (whether specialised or otherwise) for the performance of Events.
6) (1) For many Events insurance cover for personal injury will be arranged by the supplier of the Event otherwise Members must arrange their own accident or other insurance for Events especially those of a risky nature.
(2) The SaVVy Club® will at all times endeavour to eliminate or minimise the risk involved in participating in the Events but Members must be aware that certain Events will be by their very nature risky and by participating in the Events shall be deemed to have accepted and will bear all risks involved in participating in the Events.
(3) For certain high risk Events, insurance cover will be (because of the nature of an Event) unavailable or unobtainable either by third party suppliers or by Members. Participation by Members in such Events is entirely at the Members own risk and all such participating Members may, before taking part in the Event concerned, be required by The SaVVy Club® or the supplier of the Event to sign a form of special disclaimer in respect of the liability of The SaVVy Club® or supplier of the Event for accident or injury to such Members. Any Member who refuses to sign a disclaimer will be refused admission and/or participation in the Event and any refund of booking fees paid will be at the sole discretion of The SaVVy Club®.
(4) Guests of Members may be required by The SaVVy Club® at its discretion to sign a form of Special Disclaimer in respect of the liability of The SaVVy Club® for accident or injury to such Guests. Any Guest who refuses to sign a disclaimer will be refused admission and/or participation in the Event and any refund of booking fees paid will be at the sole discretion of The SaVVy Club®.
(5) For avoidance of doubt, all Members participate in all Events entirely at their own risk. The SaVVy Club® accepts no liability whatsoever for any incidents, injuries, accidents or deaths or theft of property arising from Events. The SaVVy Club® arranges and hosts Events but does not manage or perform the Event itself. There are venue and other third party suppliers involved in the conduct of the Event.
7) (1) Members shall not hold The SaVVy Club® responsible or liable in any way whatsoever for the cancellation for whatever reason of an Event. Where cancellation arises and is the fault of a supplier of an Event or of The SaVVy Club® the booking fees and any other monies paid by Member for such Events will be refunded in full.
(2) Where a Member or their Guest purports to cancel their attendance at an Event or fails to attend for whatever reason, no payments can be refunded and any payments due for the Event by the Member must be paid in full.
9) (1) Members have no right or authority to organise Events which are advertised or conducted under The SaVVy Club® name. Any SaVVy Club Member organising a meeting of The SaVVy Club® Members without the authorisation of The SaVVy Club® shall make it clear to all those attending that the meeting is not an authorised SaVVy Club Event.
(2) Any SaVVy Club Member in breach of sub-clause (l) above or who attempts to organise an Event will have his or her Membership cancelled. Any SaVVy Club Member selling or attempting to sell tickets for or involving The SaVVy Club® Members or other persons in attending a non-SaVVy Club Event whether such sale or attempt to sell or attempt to involve is made at a SaVVy Club Event or directly or indirectly to The SaVVy Club® Members will have his or her Membership cancelled.
(3) The SaVVy Club® is a registered trademark and no one has any rights to use the name without permission.
10) Each Member shall indemnify The SaVVy Club® and keep The SaVVy Club® fully and effectively indemnified against any and all losses, claims, damages, costs, charges, expenses, liabilities, demands, proceedings and actions which The SaVVy Club® may sustain or incur or which may be brought or established against it by any person and which in any case arises out of or in relation to or by reason of the negligence, recklessness or wilful misconduct of the Member and/or his or her Guest(s) during the course of an Event.
11) (1) The SaVVy Club® may alter these Terms and Conditions without prior notice to existing Members but existing Members will then be provided with copies of any such alterations.
(2) The SaVVy Club® may make regulations for regulating the conduct and affairs of Members, and the terms thereof shall be final and binding upon all Members.
12) (1) Except in respect of injury to or death of any person (for which no limit applies) the liability of The SaVVy Club® for any loss of or damage to any property or injury to or death of any person caused by any negligent act or omission or wilful misconduct of The SaVVy Club®, its employees, agents or sub-contractors shall not exceed the value of the Membership fees paid for the year in which the claim arises.
(2) Notwithstanding anything else contained in this Agreement The SaVVy Club® shall not be liable to the Member for loss of profits or contracts or other indirect or consequential loss whether arising from negligence, breach of contract or howsoever.
13) These Terms and Conditions and any regulations published by The SaVVy Club® shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law.